RAPTOR Visitor Management System
Palo Pinto ISD is pleased to announce that we will begin using an upgraded Raptor Visitor Management System in our district which improves safety and security features that will strengthen our program of campus safety for students and staff. The Raptor system will better allow us to screen visitors, contractors, and volunteers in our schools and provide us with a safer environment for our students and staff. We know that keeping your child safe is the most important task we have!
What to Expect:
• Upon being allowed through the exterior door of a district building and into the office, visitors will be asked to present a photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
• Your ID will either be scanned or manually entered into the system at the transaction window/front desk.
• Once cleared, you will retrieve your ID, sign in and receive a pre-printed badge with your photo on it.
• You will then be directed to the appropriate location.
• This badge must always be worn when in the building.
• When in the building, you are only approved to go to the specific location requested. You should not go to any other area of the building without returning to the main office for approval.
• When leaving the building, return to the main office, turn in your badge and sign out.
What if I do not have a US Government ID?
• If a parent or guardian for any reason does not have a US government-issued ID, the school staff member can use an alternate photo ID.
• In this case the visitor must present their non-US government photo ID as well as a second ID with their name on it, such as a bank card or credit card.
• As long as we have two forms of identification, one with a photo, we will manually enter the person’s name into the Raptor system.
The safety of our students is our highest priority and the Raptor visitor management system allows us to quickly identify those that may present a danger to our students. Thank you in advance for your understanding and your support in enhancing the school safety protocols in our district.
Q & A on the Raptor Visitor Management System
What does the Raptor System do?
The Raptor system will check to ensure that registered sex offenders are not entering our school campuses without our knowledge. The Raptor system checks the visitor’s name and date of birth for comparison with a national database of registered sex offenders. The registered sex offender database is the only official database checked by the Raptor system. No other data from the ID is gathered or recorded and the information is not shared with any outside agency. The Raptor system will check for court issued custodial orders, restraining orders and other custom alerts as established by the District. Once entry is approved, Raptor will issue a badge that identifies the visitor, the date, and the purpose of his/her visit.
What if I am just dropping off something for my child at the office?
The same process will be followed, but a visitor’s badge will not be necessary for those who visit our school simply to drop off an item in the office or pick up paperwork. You will be expected to immediately vacate the building.
What if I am picking up my child early?
Upon entering a district building, visitors will be asked to present a photo ID such as a Driver’s License or passport. Your ID will either be scanned or manually entered into the system. Once cleared, your child will either be called down to the office from their current location or you will be issued a badge to pick up your child at another location in the building. If issued a badge, you must return to the main office to sign out.
What about evening events?
We will not be scanning IDs for events held at the buildings after school hours.